Established Funding Criteria
The Board evaluates the services provided by agencies in an effort to determine whether such services directly meet the needs of Berwyn residents who are in need of care and counseling due to conditions in their lives over which they believe they have lost control or have no control including developmental disabilities, substance abuse and addiction (alcohol, cannabis, controlled substances, etc).
Threshold criteria To Qualify For Funding By the Berwyn Township Community Mental Health (708) Board.
1. Your agency must be a direct service provider.
2. Your agency shall serve Berwyn and Berwyn Township residents without limitation. Funding by the Berwyn
Township 708 Community Mental Health Board shall be used to support services provided for Berwyn residents.
3. All Berwyn residents must have equal access to your services including services associated with emergency situations.
4. The board shall not duplicate funding provided by other taxing bodies for services. Co-funding of services is permitted to supplement programs which are not fully funded by funding from other taxing bodies or other revenue sources.
5. Your staff must include trained and credentialed professionals possessing the skill and the tools to be able to assess and determine the needs of individuals within the parameters set forth in the first paragraph of this letter.
6. You must be a bona fide 501(c)3 organization or other not-for- profit organization defined and qualified under the
United States Tax Code, and provide copies of related Internal Revenue Service documentation establishing such status.
(a) Grace Period
If you are not a bona fide 501(c)3 organization or other not- for-profit organization defined and qualified under the United States Tax Code, you must show that you have begun theprocess of obtaining Not-For-Profit designation from the Internal Revenue Service. If you fail to obtain Not-For-Profit designation from the Internal Revenue Service by the January 1 of the year following such application, further funding shall be denied until such Not-For-Profit designation
is obtained from the Internal Revenue Service.