Berwyn Township 708 Community Mental Health Board – Positions Available
708 Community Mental Health Board Executive Director Position
The Berwyn Township 708 Community Mental Health Board is established by the township for the purposes of planning and funding mental health, developmental disability, and substance abuse services in Berwyn, Illinois.
The Board is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to be its next Executive Director. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to create and continue successful strategic relationships with community mental health agencies. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; be a self-starter, who is able to work with minimal supervision. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board.
The Executive Director is responsible for the following, but not limited to:
1. Coordinating and conducting all monthly board meetings, including posting meeting information as required by law.
2. Preparation of monthly agenda, minutes, accounting reports and correspondence.
3. Conduct business of the Board in compliance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act.
4. Assist the Board in developing and assessing its long term plans.
5. Assist in recruitment, development and training of Board members.
6. Plan, manage and distribute grant applications to entities providing mental health services to Berwyn residents.
7. Coordinate and assist with contracted accounting firm in maintaining all accounting records, which include: the annual Budget, the annual Tax Levy, the annual financial audit and all monthly financial collections and disbursements.
8. Oversee the bank records including payment of invoices.
9. Conduct 3 annual visits and attend 1 board of directors meeting for each of our funded community health agencies.
10. Assist the Board in identifying and reviewing potential new grant applicants.
11. Maintain certification in Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) and State of Illinois Open Meetings Act (OMA).
12. Maintain and update the 708 Board website.
13. Participate and maintain membership in area ACMHAI events.
14. Work collaboratively with other 708 Executive Directors to coordinate services to Cook County west suburban residents.
Criteria for candidate:
· Berwyn Township Resident desired or substantial knowledge and experience working with agencies that serve Berwyn residents.
· College Degree required or commensurate professional work experience.
· 3-5 years of experience in a social services or not-for-profit board setting.
· Experience in a field that provides behavioral health such as provided by our funded entities; such as therapy services, developmental disability work, education, public health nursing, psychiatric nursing, home care, elder care, or substance use disorder.
· 3-5 years in a business managerial position a plus.
· Experience in reviewing or writing grant proposals a plus.
This is an Independent Contractor position working as a .5 FTE. No benefits are provided except for required participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
The salary is commensurate with experience.
Send a cover letter and resume to Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject Line: Executive Director Committee